Explore the gardens and exhibitions at Heide Museum of Modern Art and discover fun for the whole family.
A museum pass is valid for the whole day so you can walk in and out of the galleries, explore the sculpture park or have lunch in the café. Museum entry is free for children under 12. Buy a museum pass.
Play detective around Heide and follow clues around the gallery and sculpture park. Trails can be printed at home or collected from the Heide III information desk, in the main entrance to the museum.
Take our detective trail through Making Modernism to discover more about the iconic works of Georgia O'Keeffe, Margaret Preston and Grace Cossington Smith.
FREE with museum admission
Making Modernism trail coming soon!
Our top 5 tips for families
- Take on our Heide Detective challenge; a great way to entertain kids in the gallery.
- Make the most of our facilities: cloakroom and changing facilities can be found in the museum and Café Vue at Heide has free WiFi and a yummy kid’s menu.
- Bring a picnic and let the kids run around the sculpture park.
- Get involved in one of our programs for kids and families such as Heide Art Bubs, Family Day or a kid’s school holiday activity.
- Walk around the kitchen garden and see what veggies our gardeners are planting.
KIDS & FAMILY PROGRAMS
From our ever popular Heide Art Bubs programs to Sunday Art Club and Grandparents Day, the fun for families is covered at Heide.
See What’s On
SCHOOL HOLIDAY WORKSHOPS
Budding artists will love our school holiday workshops and our FREE Family Days are the perfect way to end your holidays.
See What's On
KIDS' ART PARTIES
Heide offers entertaining art activities to add to your child’s birthday party booked with Cafe Vue. Click here for more infomation.
Watch some of the amazing art animations created by kids in our Ink Blot Critters workshop from our Spring school holiday program: